If you own a Mini Maxx, then you know how frustrating it can be to figure out a good way to get the Mini Maxx mount up in your Double Pillar or Triple Pillar without being twisted. Well great news, we have the answer! Yeah it might take a little custom modifications; but once you are done it will look like a Mini Maxx mount that you bought right from the factory. I did this installation myself on my 2011 GMC Denali 3500 LML that’s currently sitting in the shop of ATS.
At our recent trip down for the ATS “Let It Roll” Dyno Day, we ran into Bentley Hugie of H&S Performance. We had a chance to chat with him about the LML. He also got to see our custom Mini Maxx mount job and loved it! So you might say that this modification has been “H&S Approved.”[divider]
Before we get started here are the tools & parts that you will need to get this custom Mini Maxx mount job completed
- H&S Mini Maxx (Click Here to Buy)
- H&S Pod Adapter (Click Here to Buy)
- “Die”, Nut & Fat Washers matching in size from your local hardware store
- Black Spray Paint
- Fine Cutting Wheel (i.e. Dremel)
- Can of WD40
H&S Mini Maxx Mount Instructions
- Take the H&S Pod Adapter and using the Factory windshield cup and cut all but 1.5″ off of the rod or cut to your desire. Our pictures will give you a better idea.
- Strip the rubber/plastic from the rod so all that remains is the cylindrical piece of aluminum. Make sure the aluminum rod is as straight as possible!
- Coat the rod in WD40. Then using your “Die” cut threads all the way down the aluminum rod. The aluminum is soft so you will find this simple.
- Spray paint both washers black to match the pod adapter. Obviously you can paint these whatever color you want.
- Take Fine Cutting Wheel and take cut a hole so that HDMI Cable can freely attach to your H&S Mini Maxx
- Final step, Assemble as shown in pictures. Enjoy your custom, clean Mini Maxx mount along with your other gauges!
*All Mini Maxx Street tuners comes pre-loaded with 4 power levels that can be changed at any time, on the fly. Whether you simply want some extra power to pass when towing, or want an all-out high performance tune, the Mini Maxx Street tuner has what you need!
*Power levels are not currently shift-on-the-fly for the 2011 – 2012 6.6L LML[/toggle]